If you were to ask a money manager to describe a healthy investment portfolio, chances are, most would mention the importance of diversification. Put simply, by investing in multiple channels, you minimize your downside risk while increasing the chance of one of your investments hitting.
Here, the phrase, “don’t put all of your eggs in one basket” comes to mind. And this mindset also holds true when it comes to marketing.
Why Multiple Marketing Channels Matters
Similar to an investment portfolio, having multiple marketing channels increases your chances of success while lowering your overall risk profile should one of them be unsuccessful. But this isn’t the only reason why a multi-channel strategy is the most effective. Other arguments in favor of this methodology include:
- Some channels have synergy – Some marketing channels pair naturally with one another, they can create a messaging harmony that helps drive home your point. By using several channels, you can run choreographed marketing campaigns that fully take advantage of each one’s strengths.
- Different channels target different demos – Certain mediums are more relevant to specific user demographics. This is true on both a macro and micro scale. Consider, for instance, how within the social media marketing channel TikTok is geared for the 16 to 25-year-old demographic, whereas Facebook has an older average user.
- If one goes down the others remain – Speaking of preventing risk, what would happen if all of your attention was devoted to a social media channel such as Facebook or Instagram and then it suddenly went down? Should that occur (it happened recently), your marketing campaign will be effectively neutered.
What Does Multi-Channel Marketing Look Like?
As mentioned, a multi-channel campaign allows you to target your intended audience from several angles simultaneously. Knowing this, what channels should you focus on?
Consider the following:
- SEO – Using targeted keywords and link building, you can drive organic traffic to your website.
- PPC – Pay-per-click marketing, also known as paid ad, enables you to instantly rank at the top of search results pages for the keywords your target consumer is likely to use.
- Social media – Social media is still experiencing meteoric growth. There are several ways to harness the power of these various platforms, including organic, paid ad, and influencer marketing.
- Content marketing – Content plays an integral role in all aspects of marketing. Creating high-quality content across all of your channels can help drive engagement and conversions.
- Email marketing – Of all the channels, email marketing has one of the highest ROI, as you’re directly in touch with the customer.
When it comes to building out content for every channel, you don’t necessarily need to make something new for each one. Instead, you can cannibalize and repurpose. As Shawn Dill of Forbes notes: “With so many platforms to cater to, it’s almost impossible to create something completely new for each one. So, don’t. Take something you’ve created, wait a few weeks or a few months, and rework it for another channel.”
Semgeeks—The Digital Marketing Agency in NJ
In this modern digital age, effective marketing necessitates a multi-prong approach. By spreading out your marketing investment over several channels, you increase the likelihood of reaching the right audience and then converting.
But if you’re new to this or your current marketing strategy is falling flat, where do you even begin?
That’s where the team at Semgeeks can assist. As an SEM marketing agency, our team believes in a multiple channel strategy. Our campaigns are driven by results and built to help you succeed.
What does that look like? Reach out today!
Statista. Distribution of TikTok users in the United States as of March 2021, by age group. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1095186/tiktok-us-users-age/Forbes. Why Distributing Content Through Multiple Channels Is Key To Dominating Your Market. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2019/10/31/why-distributing-content-through-multiple-channels-is-key-to-dominating-your-market/?sh=1374e0281b60
Do you want to learn how to...
- Drive leads to conversion
- Master audience segmentation
- Get the most out of your ad spend
- Optimize your website for success
Gain access to this & more now!
Fill out your information below to gain access to insight.
No thanks, I’d rather miss out.