When it comes to running a brick-and-mortar store, having a prime location is half the battle. Being off the beaten path doesn’t necessarily consign you to failure. But it does make it all that much harder to entice new customers to walk through your doors.
For B2C companies, your website is your virtual storefront. Similar to your physical store location, where your website ranks on Google can have a massive impact on your digital sales.
To that end, here are a few tips you can use to boost your online presence.
Start with SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the foundation of any long-term digital marketing strategy. While SEO won’t get you results overnight, it can pay dividends down the road by helping you rank higher in the organic search engine results page (SERP) listings.
Done right, an SEO strategy can help you boost traffic, increase brand visibility, and establish your authority—all the while driving conversions and sales.
What does such a strategy look like?
B2C best SEO practices include:
- Producing engaging, accurate, and up-to-date content via blogs, videos, and social media posts
- Optimizing web copy and blog content using:
- Title tags
- Meta descriptions
- Image alt-text
- Internal and external linking
- Creating service or product pages for specific keyword targeting
- Making sure that the website creates a good page experience, which includes:
- A mobile-friendly site
- Core Web Vitals
PPC Gets Instant Results
While SEO takes time to work, pay-per-click advertising, also known as paid ad, can immediately boost your B2C brand’s visibility.
With SEO, you have to organically move up search results over the space of months—and there are no guarantees you’ll wind up on top. With PPC, you can bid on keywords in order to appear at the top and the bottom of a SERP whenever those keywords are entered. And you only pay when a user clicks on the ad.
Paid ad helps boost visibility on Google by enabling you to:
- Perform regional and customized targeting
- Build consumer trust by appearing at the top of the page
- Continuously optimize a PPC campaign to lower your cost per conversion
- Produce immediate results the instant the campaign goes live
Add a FAQ for Each Product or Service Page
Frequently asked questions can help you with both SEO and PPC campaigns. These are often the questions your target audience are most likely to ask or search in Google. This allows you to target long-tail keywords in addition to primary keywords on your website’s service page.
If you want your products or service pages to be further optimized, be sure to include internal links to the various other pages.
Create a Google My Business
Do you have a physical location?
Then it’s vital that you set up a Google My Business page. It’s free and allows potential consumers in your area to:
- Search for your business on Maps
- Access critical information, such as your contact info or user reviews
- See your business in the top right section of Google SERPs
Where this will make a significant impact is your visibility on Google’s local search rankings, which is determined by factors like relevance, distance, and prominence. To optimize your page, Google recommends that you take the following actions:
- Enter complete and accurate data
- Verify your location
- Keep store hours accurate
- Manage and respond to reviews
- Add photos
Semgeeks—The Top Digital Marketing Agency NJ
For B2C companies, increasing brand visibility on Google can lead to more conversions and sales. To begin improving your site rankings, you need a comprehensive digital marketing strategy—one that includes SEO, PPC, and various other optimization strategies.
Semgeeks is the premier digital marketing agency in New Jersey. Our team can help tailor a custom-made strategy that boosts visibility, increases clicks, and drives conversions.
What does that look like? Reach out today to learn more!
Google Search Central. Understanding page experience in Google Search results. https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/experience/page-experience
Google My Business. How to Improve Your Local Ranking on Google. https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en
Do you want to learn how to...
- Drive leads to conversion
- Master audience segmentation
- Get the most out of your ad spend
- Optimize your website for success
Gain access to this & more now!
Fill out your information below to gain access to insight.
No thanks, I’d rather miss out.