Search engine optimization (SEO) can be the thing that puts your business on the map—“can” being the operative word. Creating an SEO strategy that moves the needle isn’t easy. It takes time, forethought, and expertise.
Here, enlisting the services of an SEO marketing agency could be the differentiating factor that separates your efforts from that of your competitors.
But how do you find the best SEO company for your business?
Follow these steps.
Set Your SEO Goals
Before you even start to search for SEO experts, it’s vital that you conduct a thorough SEO review and roadmap. By defining your SEO goals, you can see which agency best aligns with your specific needs. Consider:
- Where is your current SEO strategy succeeding or failing?
- Are there specific areas you need help with?
- Do you need to create an entirely new website or just overhaul the existing one?
Partnering with the right agency—one that’s knowledgeable about and skilled with SEO—could help your brand increase its reach, credibility, authority, recognition, and sales. But you can only find that perfect match by knowing and acknowledging your shortcomings.
Ignore Google Rankings
When you start your search, your first inclination may be to Google the top SEO agency in your area. The thought process tends to go: if they’re at the top of the local search, they must be good at SEO.
However, this isn’t always the case. That’s why it’s best to ignore Google Rankings, or at least, to look beyond them. As Harpreet Munjal, Founder of LoudGrowth notes, “Business owners often think that the company ranks on top because it knows SEO very well. But this is not always true. A company could rank high on Google for a number of reasons, such as spamming. I’ve seen several SEO companies improve their ranking by using black-hat spamming techniques.”
Review their SEO Services
SEO goes far beyond simply optimizing blog content. While that is a major component of any strategy, it’s important to partner with an SEO company that delves deeper. For instance, ideally, you want an agency that will conduct:
- Technical SEO – Back-end optimization of your entire system.
- Voice search optimization – SEO that’s attuned to voice search technologies, like Siri, Alexa, Google Home, and Cortana.
- Strategic link-building – Internal and outbound linking plays an integral role in any SEO strategy. When other sites link your content, Google views it as a vote in your favor as to your site’s trustworthiness and authority.
- Local SEO – Depending on your business, the local customer may be the most important to you. If that’s the case, you need a strategy that focuses on driving local traffic to your website and through your doors.
Ask for Proof of their Success
If you’re interviewing an SEO agency, they should provide you with comps or case studies of businesses that were in a similar situation to yours whom they helped succeed. Ideally, you want a tangible example that shows:
- The industry they were in
- The specific SEO challenges they were facing
- The actions the SEO agency took
- The end results of the SEO strategy
Additionally, for a lasting and impactful content strategy, you need to go beyond SEO.
Does the SEO agency offer other services, including:
- Digital marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Web design
- Web development
- Brand storytelling
- Print design
- Creative assets
- Video and photography
Semgeeks—The Top NJ SEO Company
Search engine optimization isn’t a one-and-done strategy. Rather, it’s an ongoing process that requires regular fine-tuning. Therefore, having the right SEO company on your side is critical.
That’s what Semgeeks is here for. As digital marketing experts, we can help you create and install strategic digital solutions, whether it’s SEO, PPC, or web design and development.
What would a partnership with Semgeeks look like? Let’s talk!
Forbes. Tips For Finding An SEO Services Company That Meets Your Organization’s Needs. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2020/06/09/tips-for-finding-an-seo-services-company-that-meets-your-organizations-needs/?sh=687bbc1021e7
Do you want to learn how to...
- Drive leads to conversion
- Master audience segmentation
- Get the most out of your ad spend
- Optimize your website for success
Gain access to this & more now!
Fill out your information below to gain access to insight.
No thanks, I’d rather miss out.