In a digital world dominated by search algorithms, content marketing reigns supreme.
But content doesn’t simply drive SEO (search engine optimization)—though that is an integral aspect—it has also become one of the best ways you can organically advertise to customers, especially those that have become hardened to traditional advertising.
But many companies fail to fully grasp the vital importance of having a well-rounded content market strategy. Today, we’re here to rectify that by highlighting the key components.
How Does Critical Content Marketing Work?
Critical content marketing is a long-term strategy that companies can use to:
- Rank higher on Google’s search engine results page (SERPs)
- Increase organic search traffic
- Authentically reach their ideal audience
- Establish their brand’s credibility and authority
- Increase brand awareness
- Close gaps in the conversion funnel
Done right, content marketing leverages a wide array of content-related tools and mediums to target consumers at various points along their journey down the sales funnel—from awareness to retargeting.
But what are the common components of content marketing? They include:
- Blog posts – These are the backbone of your SEO strategy and one of the most critical content mediums at your disposal. Blog posts also give you the opportunity to:
- Engage in soft marketing
- Grow a community
- Educate the audience on your product
- Answer commonly asked questions
- Touch upon topics relevant to your field
- Videos – Especially in a social media-fueled world, videos provide an effective and easily consumable way to market a service or product, explain how it’s used, or discuss relevant topics.
- Social media – For many industries, social media has become one of the most important and cost-effective marketing channels at their disposal, especially for content creation. Depending on your industry, important platforms may include:
- Website copy – Your website functions as your digital storefront. And since first impressions are everything, the content therein needs to sing and be optimized for search.
- White papers and eBooks – Longer form content is a useful tool you can leverage to demonstrate your authority and encourage visitors to take an action—be it signing up for a newsletter or providing their contact info.
How Do You Create a Content Marketing Strategy?
There are four pillars that any content marketing strategy should be erected around. They include:
- Brand and product positioning – What is your brand’s personality, tone, and value propositions? What is it that makes your brand unique, especially compared to established competitors? Understanding this helps create a more consistent audience experience.
- Content value – What are your brand’s unique value propositions and how can you use your content to convey that information and address consumer pain points? You need to meet your audience wherever they may be.
- Business goals – Your content must align with your business goals. Only through introspection can you ensure that your content marketing strategy is working to further your company’s desired outcomes.
- Detailed blueprint – After you’ve performed rigorous self-analysis, you can start creating a strategic content plan. This will be used as a blueprint to help you determine who you are targeting, how you’re targeting them, and how you’ll gauge your overall success.
Semgeeks—Providing Content Creation Services
Content plays an essential role in any successful marketing strategy.
But what if you don’t know where to start?
That’s where the team at Semgeeks comes in. We have the experts and know-how to help you create a content strategy that provides significant ROI.
Want to learn more? Download our Ultimate Guide to SaaS Marketing Strategies and Tactics ebook.
CMS Wire. 9 Steps To Create a Successful Content Strategy. https://www.cmswire.com/content-strategy/7-steps-to-create-a-successful-content-strategy/